Sunday, January 31, 2010

...a jump ahead to Udaipur

Ok, I haven't been all that good in keeping this up to date.  Well.....I've been busy....combined with intermitent internet access.....plus a bit lazy....plus managing all the pictures....means I'm behind.
Anyway, Walter has returned to Austria - it was quite fun - and I've now connected again with Pete in Udaipur.  What a fabulous place.  The guest house we're staying in is one I stayed in 30 and 14 years ago - the Lalghat Guest House.  Just as full of character, comfort, and wonderful views - a place easy to stay in for a while.  ..and the person I see first here is the gentleman owner, still at the desk (he's there rarely, actually)! Anyway, here's some odd pics from the first evening walk (we got in around 8pm), and during the next day.

A night walk around the town.




Guest House features


Some views from the Guest House.



Back to the Guest House.







The bird

The lizard.

The reaction.

Spectators.


A few of the locals.








Heading for the evening meal.

...the evening meal.

The Doctor's companion.


This is a nice place to be.....

No comments: